"You MUST register your child to participate in this awesome opportunity!" - Serrenyun Amey, Clayton County Public Schools
"The classes were both informative and engaging. Students walked away with a completed project and the expertise to stay engaged." - Quinae Jackson, Overflow Innovate Lead, LLC
"My first impression was this is going to be long and boring but turns out I actually like it. It can expose me to different fields in STEM for me to further explore my career as I grow older. I really appreciate this experience!" - HYPE Scholar
"I have learned more [about] teamwork/collaboration and more [about] coding." - HYPE Student
"This is the coolest program!" - HYPE Student
An After School Student Coding Experience!
The HYPE Project is our after-school program that engages middle and high school girls in a fully designed, proven and interactive curriculum that teaches critical thinking and the fundamentals of computer science.
The after-school program also incorporates career exposure field trips and career presentations by women professionals in tech, as well as access to internship opportunities and the signature HYPE International Experience for high school students. Our flexible, HYPE instructor-led club model is designed to support students at varying levels of experience.
The HYPE Project includes 12 interactive, live teaching sessions lasting 90 minutes each. With no minimum cohort sizes to adhere to, The HYPE Project can be delivered virtually or on-site!
Curriculum topics & highlights
- Designed and vetted curriculum for multiple programming languages and learning levels
- 90 minutes of programming per session
- Experienced teachers
- Career exposure field trips
- Career presentations by Women in Tech
- Connection with Women in Tech mentors
- End of program celebration
- Final project added to HYPE student project page
- Access to HYPE Alumni benefits
- Student gifts and SWAG
- Tech adjacent skills workshops (resume writing, S.M.A.R.T. Goal setting, public speaking, etc.)
- The Spring 2023 HYPE Project students will join a cohort that meets once weekly after school on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday starting as early as 4:00 pm ET
- The Spring 2023 HYPE Project sessions will run from 1/30/23 - 5/4/23 via our virtual meeting platform, Class
- Interested students can apply at https://bit.ly/TheHYPEProject
- All live instruction PowerPoint slides, reference materials, video recaps, regular communication and assignments will be shared via HYPE's online learner's portal - The HYPE Homeroom. Weekly emails with updates will also be sent to the email address(es) on file and through text via Remind. HYPE Program participants and their guardians are required to connect to our Remind text service to remain up-to-date on important and regular communications
- Want to learn more about joining the Spring 2023 cohort of The HYPE Project? Join us at Orientation on Monday, January 23rd at 5PM ET via Zoom.
- Applications are open to students in grades 6-12
- HYPE programs are intended for students who identify as female, trans, or non-binary.
- Your application must be completed entirely by the January 19th deadline in order to be considered for the Spring 2023 after-school program
Spring 2023 Application Deadlines:
- Applications open: Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Applications close: Sunday, January 22, 2023 @11:59 pm
- Student and Parent Orientation: Monday, January 23, 2023 - Register here!
- Onboarding and Student Acceptance forms due: Friday, January 27th
- Spring 2023 HYPE Project begins: Monday, January 30th; Tuesday, January 31st; Wednesday, February 1st; or Thursday, February 2nd, 2023 (students will join their respective meeting day)
If you are an educator and want to bring The HYPE Project to students at your school, please complete our Educational Partner Application Form!