Hope For Youth, Inc. (HYPE) is a thriving Atlanta-based nonprofit organization that is empowering middle and high school girls of color to become future leaders in tech! With dynamic leadership that supports personal & professional growth, a mission-driven culture that prioritizes quality programming engagement for our students and partners, and a start-up flexibility that promotes balance for a wide range of lifestyles and preferences, HYPE is an ideal place to work, grow, and make a difference in the communities that need us most.
Through our interactive coding camps and programs, high school internship placement, International teaching experiences, college and career readiness training, and women in tech conferences and roundtables, HYPE:
- Addresses early disparities in K-12 education that limit opportunities for girls of color to enter the tech workforce
- Inspires girls of color to confidently pursue technology careers and opportunities
- Supports retention of women of color in tech by building community and increasing representation
If you’re interested in adding purpose to the work that you do every day, consider joining HYPE – where we empower one another to live lives full of hope, driven by love, and void of fear.
HYPE is looking for an experienced project manager to organize and oversee all special projects affiliated with grant awards – particularly our recent BOOST Grant Award administered by the Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network, where HYPE will be facilitating The HYPE Project afterschool programs and summer camps to support 300 students annually over the next 3 years. The project manager will manage all HYPE operations to organize and supplement the efforts of other HYPE personnel and ensure that deadlines and goals are met. They will also work directly with the Grants and Partnerships Manager to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and budget administration. This includes a wide range of efforts on grants, special programs/projects, and business relationships. The project manager will report directly to the Executive Director of HYPE, Kristina Newton, and will also work closely with the Grants and Partnerships Manager and Program and Operations Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees grants administration
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Assigns and allocates work, and ensures that projects are completed on time.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Interface with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally across multiple teams such as programs, operations, education, and finance
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- 2+ years of project management and related experience
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
Benefits & Compensation
HYPE currently has funding for this position for approximately three years. However, we are seeking additional funding so this position may be extended significantly. Pay will be commensurate with experience and starting at $45,000/year.
- 10 annual vacation/PTO days
- 10 paid government/federal holidays
- 1-week all staff sabbatical during the last week of the year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Annual professional development and learning stipend
- Flexible hours and remote work options
Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your computer science and/or teaching experience, as well as a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.