Hope For Youth, Inc. (HYPE) is a thriving Atlanta-based nonprofit organization that is empowering middle and high school girls of color to become future leaders in tech! With dynamic leadership that supports personal & professional growth, a mission-driven culture that prioritizes quality programming engagement for our students and partners, and start-up flexibility that promotes balance for a wide range of lifestyles and preferences, HYPE is an ideal place to work, grow, and make a difference in the communities that need us most.
Through our interactive coding camps and programs, high school internship placement, International teaching experiences, college and career readiness training, and women in tech conferences and roundtables, HYPE:
- Addresses early disparities in K-12 education that limit opportunities for girls of color to enter the tech workforce
- Inspires girls of color to confidently pursue technology careers and opportunities
- Supports retention of women of color in tech by building community and increasing representation
Hope for Youth, Inc is seeking an innovative and ardent advocate with education/training, program development, management, and coalition-building experience to manage our existing cohort-based STEM programs, establish a train-the-trainer model that puts our curriculum in the hands of other school teachers, and program managers to facilitate, and plan special events and other activities for middle and high school students.
The program director will coordinate all program activities, recruit volunteers and build public/private partnerships to ensure program sustainability. They will work directly with the development team, education team, and executive leaders to strategically grow awareness and funding directly related to student-facing programs.
- Recruit Partner Organizations and Students: Assist the HYPE Executive Director to establish partnerships with participating schools, school districts, and other educational partners. Work with partner organization representatives to recruit and evaluate student participants. Coordinate activities and events with educational partners.
- Conduct Special Events: Plan and execute special events for participating students and their schools. Events will include business tours, panel discussions, and STEM expos; Recruit and incorporate HYPE, organization partner, and corporate volunteers to assist in workshops as appropriate
- Manage Relationships with Public/Private Partners: Recruit companies and volunteers to participate in and support STEM Careers Pipeline activities, such as business tours, mock interviews, panel discussions, and internships; facilitate long-term partnerships between the local technology community and participating schools.
- Raise Organizational and Program Awareness: Assist Executive Director and other HYPE staff to promote HYPE and The HYPE Project; participate in technology community networking events and public speaking opportunities; draft content for marketing collateral and public relations vehicles.
- Monitor and Report Progress: Meet frequently with partner organizations to identify and resolve any issues affecting program success; provide regular updates to HYPE leadership and partners to track program success; prepare interim and final reports for stakeholders documenting program outcomes and opportunities for future growth.
- Process Improvement: Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization; Plan programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, and processes; Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people; Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
Preferred Competencies & Qualifications
- Experience managing education or youth outreach programs is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience with facilitating utilizing ed-tech tools
- Experience within academically and culturally diverse communities
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- New project development and program management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Experience with implementing and scaling programs at the regional level
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle a wide range of administrative and tactical duties
- Comfortable working with multiple partners in multiple locations
- Ability to interact with diverse audiences from K-12 students to business executives
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a small, fun, high-energy startup environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for HYPE’s mission
- Believe that all girls can code!
- Salary starts at $50,000 per year, plus benefits
Interested applicants may send their resumes and cover letter via our online application.
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your relevant experience(s), as well as a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful
.Hope for Youth, Inc is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Hope for Youth, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. HYPE is not able to sponsor employment visas.