Marketing Communications Manager
Hope For Youth, Inc. (HYPE) is a thriving Atlanta-based nonprofit organization that is empowering middle and high school girls of color to become future leaders in tech! With dynamic leadership that supports personal & professional growth, a mission-driven culture that prioritizes quality programming engagement for our students and partners, and start-up flexibility that promotes balance for a wide range of lifestyles and preferences, HYPE is an ideal place to work, grow, and make a difference in the communities that need us most.
Through our interactive coding camps and programs, high school internship placement, International teaching experiences, college and career readiness training, and women in tech conferences and roundtables, HYPE:
- Addresses early disparities in K-12 education that limit opportunities for girls of color to enter the tech workforce
- Inspires girls of color to confidently pursue technology careers and opportunities
- Supports retention of women of color in tech by building community and increasing representation
Exempt, Full Time
Founder & CEO
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing and leading HYPE’s marketing communications strategy to effectively position the organization’s brand to priority audiences across owned, earned, paid, and shared media channels. This position will advise and support HYPE leaders, staff, and the Board of Directors in the strategic management of marketing and communications between the organization and its key stakeholders, with a focus on current and potential partners, donors, and students. The Marketing Communications Manager will also maintain vendor relationships and work to increase HYPE’s brand awareness and market share.
Specific responsibilities include:
Brand Marketing & Communication
- Oversee the development and consistent application of the organization’s brand identity
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic (such as press kits, media mailers, press releases, white papers, executive bios, and fact sheets), to promote the organization’s brand, programs, and events.
- Serve as a resource for copyediting, proofreading, and revising communications.
- Work with organization leadership, program units, and Board of Directors to execute on annual marketing communications strategy and manage expenses to the allocated budget.
- Develop annual and monthly integrated editorial calendars to coordinate key marketing communications messages, content, and activities across all relevant platforms – including social media, website, email, digital marketing, public relations, and shared/community marketing channels.
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns.
Public Relations Management
- Coordinate with Board Chair to develop an annual public relations plan for securing HYPE-earned media coverage.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, thought leadership articles, and other content required to support public relations activities.
- Manage vendors and/or interns to research media coverage and industry trends, develop fresh story ideas and conduct media outreach.
- Identify business opportunities that would generate more revenue resources and attract potential donors, corporate partners, and supporters.
- Proactively identify newsworthy stories for local and regional media.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for media interviews as appropriate.
- Assist with organizing promotional events as appropriate
- Maintain media lists for targeted launches and outreach programs.
Social Media & Digital Management
- Recommend, implement, and maintain website design and operation.
- Develop and manage an overarching strategy for driving successful community and engagement across HYPE social media channels.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of social media platforms – including managing a contractor who will develop platform-specific content calendars for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter channels; as well as sourcing and designing high-quality content and copy for platform posts.
- Oversee a contractor who will help monitor and manage the company’s brand on social media.
- Collect and analyze consumer behavior data to determine whether digital and social media campaigns have achieved their objectives (e.g. web traffic, impressions, and rankings)
- Coach employees and Board members on marketing opportunities and content creation best practices.
- Oversee social and digital media advertising campaigns.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication, editing and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the latest public relations trends and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working in a cross-functional environment and communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Excel, web analytics and Google Adwords
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Marketing or Communications, with specific experience in public relations
- Experience working with/for a non-profit organization is preferred
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office suite, e-mail marketing programs and online survey tools.
- Experience with e-mail marketing automation systems, i.e. MailChimp, HubSpot, Constant Contact, etc.
- Working knowledge of social media channels and software.
- Working knowledge of Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop a plus
- Salary starts at $49,800 per year, plus benefits
Interested applicants may send their resumes and cover letter via our online application.
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your relevant experience, as well as a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful
.Hope for Youth, Inc is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Hope for Youth, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. HYPE is not able to sponsor employment visas.