Hope For Youth, Inc. (HYPE) is a thriving Atlanta-based nonprofit organization that is empowering middle and high school girls of color to become future leaders in tech! With dynamic leadership that supports personal & professional growth, a mission-driven culture that prioritizes quality programming engagement for our students and partners, and a start-up flexibility that promotes balance for a wide range of lifestyles and preferences, HYPE is an ideal place to work, grow, and make a difference in the communities that need us most.
Through our interactive coding camps and programs, high school internship placement, International teaching experiences, college and career readiness training, and women in tech conferences and roundtables, HYPE:
- Addresses early disparities in K-12 education that limit opportunities for girls of color to enter the tech workforce
- Inspires girls of color to confidently pursue technology careers and opportunities
- Supports retention of women of color in tech by building community and increasing representation
If you’re interested in adding purpose to the work that you do every day, consider joining HYPE – where we empower one another to live lives full of hope, driven by love, and void of fear.
HYPE is excited to bring on a data analyst and information systems lead to support the growth of our organization and effective implementation of tech tools for streamlining processes and meeting business objectives. The individual in this role will be responsible for using their knowledge of data processing software and business development strategies to provide sound business decisions to company Executives. Their duties include collaborating with other team members and subject matter experts to extract data figures, create reports based on their findings, and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to determine business initiatives’ success. The Data and Information Systems Analyst will report directly to the Executive Director of HYPE, Kristina Newton
Responsibilities & Duties
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion in databases and systems such as Salesforce, Azure, and PowerBI.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Maintaining website and making updates as needed
- Maintaining information systems by planning, monitoring, and coordinating employees.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the Power BI reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- B.S. degree in computer science or a related field or certification/alternate education equivalent.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling midsize data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits & Compensation
Pay will be commensurate with experience and starting at $50,000/year.
Additional benefits include:
- 10 annual vacation/PTO days
- 10 paid government/federal holidays
- 1-week all staff sabbatical during the last week of the year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Annual professional development and learning stipend
- Flexible hours and remote work options
Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your computer science and/or teaching experience, as well as a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.