Chief of Staff & Internal Operations
Hope For Youth, Inc. (HYPE) is a thriving Atlanta-based nonprofit organization empowering middle and high school girls of color to become future leaders in tech! With dynamic leadership that supports personal & professional growth, a mission-driven culture that prioritizes quality programming engagement for our students and partners, and a start-up flexibility that promotes balance for a wide-range of lifestyles and preferences, HYPE is an ideal place to work, grow, and make a difference in the communities that need us most.
Through our interactive coding camps and programs, high school internship placement, International teaching experiences, college and career readiness training, and women in tech conferences and roundtables, HYPE:
- Addresses early disparities in K-12 education that limit opportunities for girls of color to enter the tech workforce
- Inspires girls of color to confidently pursue technology careers and opportunities
- Supports retention of women of color in tech by building community and increasing representation
Non-Exempt, Full Time
HYPE is seeking an administrative leader with operational excellence to support the HYPE CEO and provide organizational oversight for HYPE’s day-to-day functions and staff. This Chief of Staff will be part advisor, part gatekeeper, part problem solver, and part all-around strategic partner to develop a strategy to meet organization goals and advance our mission. The role will primarily internal facing responsibilities ranging from human capital management (day-to-day management and support for a team of up to 10 staff members) to project management (including issue advocacy, administrative work, policy compliance, and special events)
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. He/she must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the CEO and other constituencies. He/she must exhibit the skills to operationalize visionary goals set by the executive leadership team, collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, build strong and sustainable relationships, and have the capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
Chief of Staff Responsibilities:
- Executive Support
- Strategic calendar management including planning and coordinatingPrepare deliverables, including drafting letters, meeting minutes, correspondence, emails, internal marketing materials, and other tasks that facilitate Executive Director’s ability to lead the organization strategically and effectivelyStaff the leadership meeting and facilitates cross-team coordination of projects and assignments
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Staff Management
- Work to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues before they bubble up to the ED
- Act on the authority of the ED to oversee projects that typically require cross-functional collaboration and resource allocation. Providing project planning and management for both departmental projects and initiative
- Assist with new hire HR responsibilities, including streamlining recruitment processes, documentation, and onboarding of new employees, interns, and seasonal staff
- Collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns
- Establish and oversee rewards & recognition activities for staff
- Establish and administer employee feedback and review processes
- Provide clear and consistent communication regarding policy updates, organizational structure, and accessing fringe benefits provided to staff members.
- Operational Management
- Oversee daily operations in collaboration with senior managers and department leaders, and perform administrative tasks such as managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copies and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual staff retreats, and scheduling facilities
- Develop and build on relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and responsiveness of existing operations, and help define new operational strategies by working with ED and other executives on special projects
- Work with executive leadership to outline key organizational performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- Manage office tech support and Office 365/SharePoint management support
- Identify and provide recommendations on operational improvements across the organization
Chief of Staff Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in organizational administration
- Exceptional judgment, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
- Strong planning skills, vision, and creative intelligence.
- Superb time management skills
- Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships
- Capability to interact within all levels of the organization and with external constituents.
Interested applicants may send their resumes and cover letter via our online application.
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your computer science and/or teaching experience, as well as a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.
Hope for Youth, Inc is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Hope for Youth, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender, and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. HYPE is not able to sponsor employment visas.