Hope for Youth, Inc (HYPE) is a small – yet rapidly growing – education nonprofit organization with a mission to empower BIPOC girls with technology skills and prepare them to become future leaders in tech careers, cultivating a pipeline of diverse talent for the tech industry. We believe all girls have the ability to code, our role is to provide exposure to opportunities as well as cultivate interest. Through computer science education, technology career exposure, and significant leadership & learning experiences, HYPE Scholars grow in civic mindedness & global awareness while preparing for careers of the future.
We are a mission-driven organization that places a high value on professional growth and positive experiences for EVERYONE that we impact, whether directly or indirectly. We strive to be a great place to work and are looking for great people to work with us! You can learn more about our organization at www.gethype.org.
Hope for Youth, Inc is seeking an innovative and ardent advocate with education/ training, program development, management and coalition building experience to manage and enhance our existing cohort-based STEM programs, special events and other activities for middle and high school students. The three main programs that this director would be expected to manage are:
- The HYPE Project: A 12-week extra-curricular program that engages middle and high school girls in a fully designed, proven and interactive curriculum that teaches critical thinking and the fundamentals of computer science.
- The HYPE Leadership Academy: An 8-week alumni program designed to equip high school students with workforce ready skills for 21st century opportunities. The Leadership Academy consists of two parts: College & Career Readiness workshops and internship or apprenticeship placements.
- The HYPE International Experience: HYPE’s signature International Experience gives participants a once-In-a-lifetime opportunity to travel abroad and teach coding skills to youth in an international developing country or urban city center.
The program director will coordinate all program activities, recruit volunteers and build public/private partnerships to ensure program sustainability. Find out more about our programs on our website at www.gethype.org/programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit Partner Organizations and Students: Assist the HYPE Executive Director to establish partnerships with participating schools, school districts and other educational partners. Work with partner organization representatives to recruit and evaluate student participants. Coordinate activities and events with educational partners.
- Conduct Special Events: Plan and execute special events for participating students and their schools. Events will include business tours, panel discussions, and STEM expos; Recruit and incorporate HYPE, organization partner and corporate volunteers to assist in workshops as appropriate
- Manage Relationships with Public/Private Partners: Recruit companies and volunteers to participate in and support STEM Career Pipeline activities, such as business tours, mock interviews, panel discussions and internships; facilitate long-term partnerships between the local technology community and participating schools.
- Raise Organizational and Program Awareness: Assist Executive Director and other HYPE staff to promote HYPE and The HYPE Project; participate in technology community networking events and public speaking opportunities; draft content for marketing collateral and public relations vehicles.
- Monitor and Report Progress: Meet frequently with partner organizations to identify and resolve any issues affecting program success; provide regular updates to HYPE leadership and partners to track program success; prepare interim and final reports for stakeholders documenting program outcomes and opportunities for future growth.
- Process Improvement: Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization; Plan programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes; Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people; Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- New project development and program management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Experience with implementing and scaling programs at the regional level
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle a wide range of administrative and tactical duties
- Comfortable working with multiple partners in multiple locations
- Ability to interact with diverse audiences from K-12 students to business executives
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a small, fun, high energy startup environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for HYPE’s mission
- Believe that all girls can code!
- Experience managing education or youth outreach programs is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience with facilitating utilizing ed tech tools
- Experience within academically and culturally diverse communities
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your relevant experience, a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.