Hope for Youth, Inc is a nonprofit organization that provides 21st century skills and tech training to girls of color. Through computer science education, technology career exposure, and significant leadership & learning experiences, HYPE Scholars grow in civic mindedness & global awareness while preparing for careers of the future. Our mission is to increase the percentage of under-represented girls who pursue STEM degrees and careers.
You can find more about HYPE at www.gethype.org
The HYPE Experience Coordinator is an organized, innovative, creative, and people-centric individual with experience in coordinating events and designing processes that lead to an excellent experience for our volunteers, sponsors, and donors. In accordance with HYPE’s mission and culture, we are looking for someone with a passion for gender and racial equity, as well as experience in working with historically under-represnted communities. This individual will help with volunteer recruitment and placement, managing partner & volunteer relationships, communicating program success, and elevating the experience of individuals who are indirectly connected to the organization (i.e. Financial Supporters, Volunteers, Parents, Social Media Followers, etc).
The HYPE Experience Coordinator will also be responsible for coordinating internal events such as staff trainings, board member retreats, and team-building activities to facilitate creating positive work culture. The Experience Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
Please visit our website at www.gethype.org to learn more about our organization and programs!
- Part-time. Up to 15 hours per week (max)
- Ability to work remotely from home
- Occasional requirement to meet in person and/or attend special trainings and events (post COVID-19 restrictions)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Volunteer Recruitment, Placement, & Engagement
- Facilitate new volunteer training
- Manage volunteer schedule and placement
- Identify opportunities for corporate volunteers (virtual or in-person)
- Conduct volunteer satisfaction surveys
- Improve and innovate on volunteer program as needed
- Donor Relations
- Ensure that donors are receiving timely updates and communications
- Marketing & Outreach
- Assists in the creation of promotional materials, informational mailings, and newsletters
- Create process for new “subscriber” outreach
- Book and coordinate with talent for events
- Coordinate with the marketing team to ensure effective communications and promotions
- Administrative tasks associated with ideating, planning, and executing successful events
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Salesforce experience a plus
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle administrative and tactical duties
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks across multiple workstreams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Innovative and Creative thinker who seeks opportunities to improve experiences at the individual level
- The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. HYPE offers year-round opportunities for advancement to outstanding team members.
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary: $11.50 to $13.00 /hour
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].Please include the job position (HYPE Experience Coordinator) in the email subject
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your relevant experience, as well a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.