Hope for Youth, Inc (HYPE) is a small – yet rapidly growing – education nonprofit organization with a mission to empower BIPOC girls with technology skills and prepare them to become future leaders in tech careers, cultivating a pipeline of diverse talent for the tech industry. We believe all girls have the ability to code, our role is to provide exposure to opportunities as well as cultivate interest. Through computer science education, technology career exposure, and significant leadership & learning experiences, HYPE Scholars grow in civic mindedness & global awareness while preparing for careers of the future.
We are a mission-driven organization that places a high value on professional growth and positive experiences for EVERYONE that we impact, whether directly or indirectly. We strive to be a great place to work and are looking for great people to work with us! You can learn more about our organization at www.gethype.org.
Hope for Youth, Inc is seeking an individual with excellent writing skills and organizational skills, as well as an interest in coordinating events. This team member will be instrumental in helping HYPE provide an excellent experience for our volunteers, sponsors, and donors. In accordance with HYPE’s mission and culture, we are looking for someone with a passion for gender and racial equity, as well as experience in working with historically underrepresented communities.
The Grants & Partnerships Manager will support the growth of our small and emerging organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Grants & Partnerships Manager will spearhead development efforts as HYPE continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Manager will have the opportunity to build the development processes and develop key leadership and process implementation skills.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of fund development experience, preferably in the education and nonprofit fields. They should also be familiar with CRM nonprofit software, donor databases and other fundraising technology to use in their daily job duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Board members and ED to execute HYPE’s annual fundraising plan
- Research and keep track of relevant grant opportunities
- Manage financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of HYPE’s fundraising software and oversee data entry and gift processing
- Maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems
- Work with HYPE Programs teams to collect information and create annual report
- Share end of year donation summary with all donors
- Administrative tasks associated with planning and executing successful fundraising events
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 1+ years experience in development
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of nonprofit donor management systems
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Enjoys working in a small and high energy startup environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for HYPE’s mission
- Believe that all girls can code!
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter a summary of your relevant experience, a description of how you heard about this role, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.