HYPE Teaching Assistant
Hope for Youth, Inc is seeking an organized, innovative, friendly and detail oriented Teaching Assistant to join our team. This individual will assist with the execution of the TechPromise after school program for youth ages 13-18 years old. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students while they work on short coding project assignments, assisting with the creation of lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness.
TechPromise is a 16 week after-school program in which a cohort of middle and high school students meet weekly for computer science and tech exposure. The successful teaching assistant must enjoy working with others and demonstrate commitment to helping the program (and program participants) be successful. Additional necessary requirements include written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain new concepts to others, comfort with speaking in front of a classroom, as well as knowledge of classroom activities and basic coding conepts.
The teaching assistant will report directly to the HYPE Executive Director. He/She will also assist with delivering The HYPE Project coding workshops, and may occasionally be asked to lead a workshop alone.
- Part-time. 2 to 6 hours per week
- Program meets Tuesdays – Thursdays from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- Requires ability to get to and from the program location
- At-Promise Center: 740 Cameron Madison Alexander Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Occasional requirement to meet in person outside of program hours and/or attend special events
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Track attendance and Document student progress
- Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle administrative and tactical duties
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Self starter with ability to manage own
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter the job that you are applying for, a summary of your eligible experience, what motivated you to apply, and why you believe you’d be successful.